Support Forms & FTP Info
Our customer service team is always committed to exceeding customer expectations. Exceeding expectations is accomplished through continual improvement and this can only be achieved by having a dedicated and loyal staff. nSightful has made it a mission to acquire, train, and retain the best customer service staff available. We believe we have achieved that goal.
Required Data Formats & Delivery Options
- All Files Must Have a Record Layout
- All formats must be IBM or PC Compatible
File Delivery Options
- Email Delivery
- FTP/SFTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- ASCII Comma Delimited
- ASCII Quote-Comma Delimited
- ASCII Fixed Field
nSightful provides email delivery for small file transfers using MIME-encoded attachments. While less reliable than using FTP, email delivery is well suited for small files, file layout documentation, and job instructions.
The nSightful email address to send files is: dp.request@nSightful.com
Specifications for use of email delivery with nSightful:
- While there is a limit of 25,000,000 bytes (25 Meg) on incoming email messages to dp.request@nSightful.com, nSightful does not recommend attaching files larger than 10,000,000 bytes compressed (10 Meg) in size.
- Attached files MUST be encoded using the 8-BIT MIME encoding scheme used for small files. PGP encryption of files is available and must be setup and approved prior to delivery.
- All incoming files must be compressed (i.e. .zip, .7z, .rar, .tar, etc).
- All outgoing files will be compressed using PKZIP (.zip). Email delivery of processed jobs to the client is restricted to non-web-based email addresses.
Consult with your Support personnel on the proper setup and use of your email client program. nSightful cannot provide support for your email client and/or server. Customers should contact their Customer Service Account Manager by phone at 866-249-1977 after transferring their data to the nSightful email delivery account. Anyone needing assistance with email delivery should contact their Account Manager using the methods presented.
FTP/SFTP (File Transfer Protocol)
File Transfer Protocol (hereby referred to as FTP) is a process at which one can send and receive files over an internet or intranet connection using the TCP/IP protocol stack between dissimilar computer operating systems. FTP predates the World Wide Web by several years, and has a reliable track record.
File Transfer Protocol RFC959 is the IETF specification for client-server file transfer, universally known as FTP. Prior to the introduction of the World Wide Web, FTP was the primary method of exchanging files with a remote server via the Internet. It is still used where:
- Uploading and downloading of data files
- Restricted access may be required
Standard/Secure FTP Access
The nSightful FTP Site address is: ftp.nSightful.com A username and password will be provided by your Account Rep. nSightful recommends using SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) whenever possible. Customers should contact their Customer Service Account Manager via email, or by phone at 866-249-1977 after transferring their data to the nSightful FTP site. Anyone needing assistance with FTP should contact their Account Manager using the methods presented.
Specifications for use of FTP delivery with nSightful:
- nSightful does not recommend transferring a file larger than 500,000,000 bytes (500 Meg) for performance reasons.
- Should you wish to send us files larger than 500 meg, please consider a flash drive or CD/DVD as the media or splitting the file into multiple members.
- All incoming files should be compressed (i.e. .zip, .7z, .rar, .tar, etc).
- All outgoing files will be compressed using PKZIP (.zip).
- PGP encryption of files is available upon request and must be setup and approved prior to transfer.
Contact your Support Personnel on how to install and operate your FTP client software. nSightful cannot provide support for your FTP client and/or server.
nSightful cannot provide support for the use of a Web Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, Safari, Konquerer) to send and retrieve files. We recommend the use of a FTP client software package which provides all the features of FTP. A listing of packages is below.
Recommended FTP Client software packages:
Filezilla is a full-featured, free FTP GUI Client software package for multiple Operating Systems, including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Windows and Mac version can be downloaded from nSightful here:
MAC Download WINDOWS Download